Sunday, June 20, 2010

I need help, im getting a hair cut?

my hair is kinda long, and its curly and tends to be thick, i want to get it shorter w/ layers, but do they work in curly hair? and how short can i get it before it like poofs into a wierd afro shape?



I need help, im getting a hair cut?

as a hair stylist with curly thick hair i can assure you that layers cut right are AMAZING! depending upon your hair you can go not much shorter then shoulder length (top of the shoulders) before it starts to look like a fro lmao it also depends upon which products you use in your hair to help keep it from being frizzy :)



I need help, im getting a hair cut?

hummm let yout hair stylist decide ...dont be cheap ....you will end up with anf afro......lol



I need help, im getting a hair cut?

LOOK IN THE MAGAZINES THEY ALWAYS HAVE AWSOME HAIR CUTS.



I need help, im getting a hair cut?

I find that curly hair looks best when it's long and NOT cut into layers. People might argue and say that it's more work that way... but I disagree. The weight of your hair nomally will help drag the curl down a little... and unless you get it VERY short with frequent cuts you will always have to FIGHT the curl.



Since I don't know how your hair looks or reacts I can't say for sure, and I don't know the look you are trying to achieve... but I would not attempt the short layered look, unless you bring in a picture of the look you want - so the stylist can determine the proper hair cut.



Also talk to the stylist about any products you will need to keep the look up. (This doesn't mean you have to buy them through the stylist - unless you really want to... you can get the products you need elsewhere if they are too expensive at the salon.)



I don't have very curly hair... but my hair is very wavy. And I am a licensed Cosmetoligist in Pennsylvania... so I speak from experience!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BarronHess Inc